Browse our latest GroundSolve job opportunities
We’re looking for a Geotechnical Engineer seeking a long-term role within our growing business, are you looking for a company offering continuous professional development and training?
Based in Chester, Groundsolve are a specialist Geotechnical, Engineering Geology and Environmental Engineers providing design and consultancy services to both private and public sector clients. Our diverse portfolio includes Residential, Commercial, Civil, Ground Investigation and includes both Permanent and Temporary Works design. Our projects vary in size from refurbishments to multimillion pound new builds. Having operated and grown throughout the pandemic and with an expanding long-term pipeline of work we are looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team.
Your role will include assessing, planning, and undertaking walkover surveys, desktop studies and site investigations on a wide array of projects. You will then interpret this information and put together in-depth technical reports, whilst working alongside more senior members of the team.
The ideal candidate would be a Geotechnical engineer with experience in conducting site walkovers, supervising small to medium site investigations and report writing. You will also have a relevant degree within Engineering and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
The position presents an opportunity to work on exciting and unique projects for a growing company.
Groundsolve are an award-winning consultancy with a recognised ICE approved training scheme and our qualified Supervising Civil Engineers will support and mentor you in your professional and personal development and progression towards chartership.
- Undertake walkover surveys, desktop studies and site investigations.
- Writing factual and interpretive reports.
- Development opportunities both professional and technical.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in geotechnical projects across a range of building and infrastructure schemes, ideally gained within a consulting environment.
- Experience in writing factual and interpretive reports.
- Looking for progression and training opportunities
- Understanding of geotechnical design principals, relating to foundations, earthworks assessment, slopes and retaining walls
- Any experience working with land contamination including soil, gas and water would be advantageous
- Driving licence.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- A Company pension contribution
- Company bonus paid twice a year based on performance and profitability
- Support both in work and throughout professional development.
Please send a CV with your covering letter/email